My July 22, 2019 post talked about The Art of Rhetoric.
To the Greek philosopher (left), rhetoric is “the faculty of observing in any given case the available means of persuasion”. He identified three main methods of rhetoric as ethos (credibility), pathos (emotion) and logos (logic):
His writings on the subject is considered a seminal work for other how-to guides through the years.
In fact, Aristotle’s groundbreaking work in this field earned him the sobriquet “the father of rhetoric”.
This video dwells on his acclaimed 3 methods of persuasion:
Anyone seeking to persuade an audience should craft his/her message with facts (logos), tapping an argument's emotional aspect (pathos), and presenting his/her apparent credibility (ethos).
Author/Copyright holder: Unknown; copyright terms and licence: Unknown
It has been awhile since I was at Jalan Aerobik 13/43 in Shah Alam, Selangor.
As planned, I presented a CC#5 speech titled I Only Have My Brain to Give. A speech that turned out to be deliriously funny – at least I thought so.
Anyway, I was Best Speaker because I had obtained the most votes. That's how it works.
‘Twas a good meeting and, as is usual, it was well-attended. I am sure we all had loads of fun too.
Below, please find photos from the said meeting:























No comments:
Post a Comment