Showing posts with label Yemen. Show all posts
Showing posts with label Yemen. Show all posts

Friday, April 3, 2026

The Global Hegemon That Is The Militaristic US

The United States is a global hegemon that proudly wears its hyper-militarism like a badge of honor. Best characterized as being bellicose, belligerent and brazenly confrontational. 

Indeed, the combative country has a hubristic history of military interventions and an indefatigable involvement in color revolutions and regime change, whether overtly or covertly. 

The same jingoistic country maintains a vast worldwide network of between 750 to 800 military base sites in at least 80 countries and territories to enable power projection and facilitate its military's global strategic objective of imperial and imperious domination. 

In this century alone, already ten countries have been at the receiving end of US aggression:

If you haven't already noticed, trigger-happy Donald Trump is involved in every one of them!

[Note: The above doesn't include the "proxy" war in Ukraine between the US and Russia – an admission made by US Secretary of State Marco Rubio himself to Fox News on March 05, 2025].

Among the roster of hawkish US presidents, one is a Nobel Peace Prize winner for 2009 (i.e., Barack Obama!) and another (Trump
lah, who else!) who literally begged for the award in 2025! (He didn't get it though – but the "unfit" winner still presented it to him, even if it means breaking the rules).

["Unfit" because she exhorted the US of A to attack her own country, i.e., Venezuela, so that she can be installed as president].

American foreign policy, after all, is engineered to maintain absolute global dominance, willingly triggering conflicts to ensure that both allies and adversaries recognize the US military as the undisputed numero uno!





The world will be in a better place if the US ceases to exist. Just saying.








Monday, January 5, 2026

US Kidnaps Venezuelan President And Wife























At 11:46 PM local time on Friday (03:46 GMT on Saturday), US President Donald Trump gave the green light to bomb Venezuela and kidnap President Nicolás Maduro (and his wife). 

Operation Absolute Resolve, carefully rehearsed for months, supposedly involved about 150 aircraft, taking off from 20 different airbases across the Western Hemisphere. US forces disabled Venezuela’s air defence systems, with Trump saying the “lights of Caracas were largely turned off due to a certain expertise that we have”, without elaborating. The Venezuelan government reported that US strikes hit Caracas as well as the states of Miranda, Aragua and La Guaira. 

US helicopters were said to have touched down at Maduro’s compound in the capital at 02:01 AM (06:01 GMT) on Saturday, and the president and his wife were forcibly taken. At 04:29 AM (08:29 GMT), just two and a half hours later, they were put on board the USS Iwo Jima, en route to New York. Trump later posted a photograph of the Venezuelan leader on his Truth Social social media platform, blindfolded, wearing a grey tracksuit.

While official casualty counts have yet to be released, a Venezuelan official told The New York Times newspaper on condition of anonymity that at least 40 people had been killed in the US attacks. 

Following Maduro's abduction, Trump says the US will run the country, including taking care of the country's oil infrastructure. 

[Note: It is unclear how Trump plans to oversee Venezuela. US forces have no control over the country itself, and Maduro's government appear not only to still be in charge but to have no appetite for cooperating with Washington].  

The latest episode has shown the US to brazenly disregard a country's sovereignty, blatantly dismiss international law, brashly violate the UN charter and boldly engage in “hegemonic acts”. This evil empire wreaks havoc around the world at will. And Trump is Sauron, the Dark Lord of Mordor! 

In fact, Armed Conflict Location & Event Data (or ACLED), the nonpartisan conflict monitor had asserted that the US carried out – or been a partner to – more than 622 overseas bombings in all, using drones or aircraft, since January 20, 2025, when Trump took office. The attacks contrast with his promise to voters to end US involvement in foreign conflicts. 

In 2025, the US had carried out military attacks against a total of seven countries, i.e., Nigeria, Somalia, Syria, Iran, Yemen, Iraq and of course, Venezuela.

A win against Fulham was Liverpool's sole objective yesterday. And they couldn't even manage that but instead, they produced a 2-2 draw and sharing the spoils in the Premier League. 











Former Liverpool man Harry Wilson fired Cottagers in front in the 17th minute. The Reds had to wait until the 57th minute before Florian Wirtz scored his second goal for the club from Conor Bradley‘s pass, despite looking offside. 

Liverpool thought they’d won it in stoppage time when Cody Gakpo netted at the back post, but Fulham rifled in an equaliser in the seventh minute of added time. 

Liverpool are now nine games unbeaten in all competitions, but they have not been convincing and the performances have been very uninspiring. During that run, the Reds have failed to beat Sunderland, Leeds (twice) and Fulham. 

Up next, a trip to the Emirates to face league leaders Arsenal on Thursday. If you must know, I don't have expectations.

Sunday, September 7, 2025

From Department of Defense to Department of War

It is no surprise that the Trump administration are cultivating and promoting a "warrior ethos" within the Pentagon. The US is, after all, a warmongering nation. 

If you don't already know, the country has been involved in conflicts for most of its history, though not necessarily a "non-stop" war in the conventional sense; however, the period since the Vietnam War (1955–1975) has seen continuous US military engagements. Examples include the First Gulf War (1990–1991), the Somali Civil War (1992–present), the Kosovo War (1998-1999), the War in Afghanistan (2001–2021), and the Iraq War (2003–2011). Not to mention that the US is still presently waging a proxy war in Ukraine.

In this year itself, the US even joined Israel to go against Iran. In an operation called "Midnight Hammer", on June 22, the US deployed B-2 stealth bombers with the GBU-57 Massive Ordnance Penetrator (MOP), also known as a "bunker buster", to strike Iran's nuclear facilities. In fact, 125 aircraft were involved, including refueling and intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance aircraft. 

Israel's strikes on Iran came against the backdrop of its ongoing war in Gaza and a broader escalation of its military actions across the region, including Israeli military activity in Lebanon, Yemen, Syria, and the occupied West Bank. And the US is complicit because it is a primary supplier of weaponry to the Zionist regime, much as it does for the [Z]elensky regime in Kiev.   

And so, on Friday, US President Donald Trump signed an executive order to rebrand the Department of Defense as the Department of War, reverting to the agency’s former namesake which came into being way back in 1789. 

I certainly agree with him because the name change is more “appropriate”, given the US propensity to wage war, whether overtly or covertly. 

The said order authorizes the Secretary of Defense, the Department of Defense and subordinate officials to use secondary titles such as “Secretary of War”, “Department of War”, and “Deputy Secretary of War” in official correspondence, public communications, ceremonial contexts, and non-statutory documents within the executive branch, according to a White House fact sheet. 

The order also instructs Pete Hegseth (now the "secretary of war") to propose both legislative and executive actions to make the name permanently US Department of War.

World No. 8 Sivasangari Subramaniam's bid to defend her London Squash Classic crown came to an end in the semi-finals after falling to Egypt's Amina Orfi. 

The Malaysian battled for 68 minutes before going down 11-7, 11-7, 7-11, 11-5 yesterday. It was the 26-year-old's fourth defeat in five meetings with 18-year-old Amina, a three-time world junior champion.

Tuesday, October 8, 2024

One Year On, Israel is Still Bombing and Killing in Gaza

For a full year – since October 07, 2023 – horrific scenes have come out of Gaza as Israel’s war on civilians in the besieged enclave continues. 
 
In one year, Israel has killed at least 41,870 people in Gaza, though the actual figure is presumed much higher. Thousands more are buried under the rubble of destroyed buildings or unaccounted for, and still thousands of others are likely to die from continuing bombing and conditions created by Israel’s war.
 
The images are unbearable. But they must be seen and shared. The world needs to know what the people of Gaza are enduring, and political leaders must bring this war to an end.
 

 

 












In fact, Israel has killed more women and children in Gaza over the past year than in any other conflict in the past two decades, Oxfam found last week.
 
"I have never in my humanitarian career seen this level of suffering, desperation and deprivation”, said Gemma Connell, OCHA (UN's Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs) team leader in Gaza.
 
Doctors Without Borders report: “Hospitals are flooded with patients, amputations and surgeries are being carried out without proper anaesthesia, and morgues are flooded with dead bodies”.
 
Entire families are being killed in aerial bombardments, and children are paying the heaviest price. UNICEF (United Nations Children's Fund) spokesperson James Elder calls it “a war on children”. He explained: “Most crises impact children terribly, they have a casualty rate of children around 20 percent. But in Gaza, that rate is 40 percent".
 
“This is twice as lethal to children as conflicts we’ve seen in the last 20 years”, he added.
 
To account for the number of injured and maimed children who have no known surviving family member, doctors in Gaza have been compelled to coin a new and heartbreaking acronym: WCNSF – wounded child, no surviving family.
 

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Despite being called out on its atrocities, Israel has widened its war, attacking Lebanon and bombing Syria and Yemen.

Monday, April 15, 2024

Finally, Iran Retaliates

On Saturday night, air raid alerts went off in Israel as Iran unleashed a massive retaliatory attack against the country. 

[FYI, the fierce blitz was to avenge for the deadly Israeli airstrike on the Iranian consulate in Damascus, Syria on April 01, 2024 that killed seven officers of the IRGC’s Quds Force, including two generals].

Over the weekend, more than 300 kamikaze drones and missiles (both cruise and ballistic) were launched from Iran as well as Iraq, Syria and Yemen. 

Israeli air defence systems went to work. And its allies kept themselves busy too. US forces began shooting down unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) in the skies over Iraq and Syria. British fighter jets joined Israeli planes to stop Iranian drones over Jordan. And a CNN report today had mentioned France's involvement in blocking the Iranian attacks but no further info was given.

Israeli military spokesperson Rear Admiral Daniel Hagari boasted that 99% of the incoming projectiles were intercepted either outside Israeli airspace or over the country itself. Even US President Joe Biden trumpeted that US forces "helped Israel take down nearly all" drones and missiles. 

At the same time, Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps claimed that Tehran had managed to hit and destroy “important military targets”, without providing further details.

Hagari warns that Iran will pay for the consequences – and the threat of escalation is kicking it up a notch. 

Iran was right to punish Israel. And if there is to be war, so be it!

Friday, January 12, 2024

Israeli Hands Get More Blood-soaked As More Palestinians Are Butchered

The death toll surges, soars and spirals. 
 
At least 23,469 Palestinians have been killed and 59,604 injured in Israeli strikes on Gaza since October 07, according to Gaza’s Ministry of Health. And about 7,000 people remain missing under the rubble and are presumed dead. 
 
In the most recent 24-hour reporting period, Israeli forces carried out 10 mass killings in the Gaza Strip, causing 112 deaths and 194 injuries, the ministry added.
 
Israeli hands get more blood-soaked as more Palestinians are butchered.
 






 









The killing of civilians in Gaza is at a scale unprecedented in recent history, as Israel continues to pound the besieged coastal enclave more than three months into the war. 
 
UK-based charity Oxfam said on Thursday that the daily death toll of Palestinians in Israel’s war on Gaza – claimed to be at an average rate of 250 people a day – surpasses that of any other major conflict in the twenty-first century, while survivors remain at high risk due to hunger, diseases and cold, as well as ongoing Israeli bombardments.
 
For comparison, the charity provided a list of average deaths per day in other conflicts since the turn of the century: 96.5 in Syria, 51.6 in Sudan, 50.8 in Iraq, 43.9 in Ukraine, 23.8 in Afghanistan, and 15.8 in Yemen. 
 
Oxfam said the crisis is further compounded by Israel’s restrictions on the entry of aid into Gaza, where only 10 percent of weekly food aid that is needed gets in. This poses a serious risk of starvation for those who survive the relentless bombardment, they said.

Thursday, April 14, 2022

Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus Complains of Double Standard

WHO’s Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus (left) has come out to complain that the world does not give equal attention to emergencies affecting black and white people. 

He voiced out that only a fraction of the help given to Ukraine was given to other humanitarian crises. 

Assisting Ukraine is "very important" because it "impacts the whole world" – but Tigray province in Ethiopia, Yemen, Afghanistan or Syria are not receiving the same attention, he said. 

"I need to be blunt and honest that the world is not treating the human race the same way. Some are more equal than others. And when I say this, it pains me. Because I see it. Very difficult to accept but it's happening", he added. 

Tedros, who is from Tigray referred to the fact that the United Nations had determined that 100 trucks per day of life-saving supplies were needed for the northernmost regional state of Ethiopia. If you don’t know, there is an ongoing civil war that broke out in Tigray between the TPLF, a group that dominated Ethiopian politics for nearly three decades and the government in November 2020. The fighting has seen thousands killed – including civilians – while millions are in desperate need of humanitarian aid, with the federal government accused of hampering relief efforts. 

And there’s another civil war in Yemen, one of the Arab world's poorest countries with the UN already calling it the world's worst humanitarian crisis. 

In Afghanistan, the UN says 24 million people need humanitarian assistance to survive. 

And Syria has been at civil war for 11 years. Around half a million people have been killed and millions have been displaced in the conflict. 

This appalling double standard is an indictment of western powers’ hypocrisy, given their absolute spotlight on Ukraine as compared to conflict zones elsewhere. 

But things are not what they seem. The “help” given to the country by the US and its NATO collaborators are actually weapons of war and which they generously supplied, rather than humanitarian relief. Clearly, it is evident that they have no intention to bring about an end to the fighting because they're not interested at all in promoting peace talks. 

Anyway, why should they? They are the ones who sowed the seeds of this conflict between Ukraine and Russia in the first place. And in the other countries too, if I may add.


Liverpool secured a two-legged Champions League semi-final – but only after they surrendered a two-goal lead and drew with Benfica 3-3 to earn a 6-4 aggregate win yesterday. 

The Reds knew a fast start would all-but secure their progression and they got just that, with Ibrahima Konate nodding in from a Kostas Tsimikas corner after just 21 minutes. Benfica weren’t to be deterred however, and levelled the score eleven minutes afterward. 

Roberto Firmino re-established Liverpool's healthy lead with a brace – a tap-in followed by a volley – in the fifty-fifth and sixty-fifth minutes. Again, Benfica were undeterred and Alisson was beaten twice – in the seventy-third minute, and eight minutes later. Another episode of defensive uncertainty from Jürgen Klopp’s team.




Anyway, the Reds will be up against surprise package Villarreal on April 27 – which presents them with a massive opportunity to fly straight into the European Cup final again. 

It is noteworthy to mention that on the same day too, Manchester City will face Real Madrid in the other semi to complete an all Spanish-English line-up in the last four. 

But before that, all eyes to return to the FA Cup where both Reds and Citizens confront each other in a Wembley semi-final on Saturday.