On the 20th evening (i.e. Thursday), Geoff Andrews, Henry Fu and myself attended the Miri Toastmasters Club meeting. As is the norm for Toastmasters meetings anywhere – we got to meet great people and we immensely enjoyed the meeting.
.
One particular person whom I was delighted to meet was Yusuf from the Maranatha Toastmasters Club in Bandung, Indonesia – and believe me, he was frank with his remarks as the General Evaluator. I also happened to believe that an honest evaluation is important in a Toastmasters meeting and we should not attempt to sugar-coat our feedback – in case, we become obese with the many sweet words being generously offered to us!
.
I took the opportunity to meet up with members of the Penang delegation to seek their support for my candidacy. If I was to win, I knew I had to have the support of Toastmasters delegates elsewhere, as I could not just depend on KL delegates. I already knew that two of my Clubs would not support me – this fact alone illustrated that I faced an uphill battle for votes.


No comments:
Post a Comment