Part-time religious teacher Qatrun Nada Mohd Latfi, who was sacked by the Federal Territory Islamic Affairs Department (Jawi) for attending a ceramah by PKR’s Anwar Ibrahim last November, can initiate a judicial review to challenge her sacking.
The High Court in Labuan on February 05, 2013 granted Qatrun leave to do so after dismissing the preliminary objection from the Attorney-General's Chambers (which represented Jawi) and saying her application was not frivolous and vexatious.
There is also a sub-plot to this story. She had complained that she had been repeatedly asked by Yunus Kurus, who is also Labuan UMNO acting chief, to join UMNO and fill a party membership form. She declined and this sealed her fate. [Qatrun had lodged a complaint with the Human Rights Commission (Suhakam)].
Since when does attending a ceramah a cause for termination? UMNO is a big bully!
On Tuesday evening, I was at the Taman Indrahana Toastmasters meeting. I had a speaking slot because fellow club member Michael Kum pulled out at the eleventh hour. I delivered CC speech #5 (titled ‘The Proposal’) and it was a good effort because I was voted Best Speaker. A well-attended meeting that was stirring, stimulating and spirited! My score is an 8 out of a 10 for this meeting.















No comments:
Post a Comment