Fashion designer Taryn de Vere (left) set herself the challenge of styling her outfits based on a different household item every day in January and posting a picture on her Instagram page.
“Each day I just dress inspired by a different object, doing my best to replicate the packaging of whatever product it is.
I’ve been overwhelmed by the response. I get messages from people saying the first thing they do in the morning is check my Instagram feed to see what I’m wearing. I’m really pleased I’m helping to brighten up other people’s January too”.
She said she first thought of the idea on New Year’s Eve when her eye had caught a glimpse of a sink unblocker – and that turned into the first of 31 planned outfits.
The only rule? She could not buy anything new to create the outfits.
The joy bringer and colourful fashionista said that not buying new items was very important to her from a sustainable fashion standpoint. But she added that as a fashion accessories designer, she had more clothes than most to play with.


No comments:
Post a Comment