Sunday, January 9, 2022

I Watched War Epic “The Battle at Lake Changjin”

I finally managed to catch the nearly-three-hour-long tour de force “The Battle at Lake Changjin” (with English subtitles)! 

The blockbuster had been uploaded on YouTube in HD and thankfully, I was alerted by a Facebook posting today itself. 

One word describes it: Epic! 

Nelson Sim wrote: “This battle was fought seventy years ago when China was dirt poor. The PLA did not have an air force or armor corps when it went into Korea. It was fought by soldiers with grit, determination, and tenacity. The Chinese soldiers that died in the Korean war were martyrs and they made this new China possible. Today China has a modern fighting force, a military that is on par with the US and that will certainly deter the Americans trying to start a war”. 

X yz made these remarks: “As a former member of the US military I watched this movie with interest. I do not begrudge the heroic people of China in HONORING THEIR SOLDIERS – and the extremely tough conditions they were forced to fight in! This movie was quite watchable – and no more or less ‘propanganda’ than what Hollywood has produced”. 

Thomas Koay gives it “a 9 out of 10”. 

I salute the People's Volunteer Army!












No comments: