"The Diamond in Your Speech" has been divulged, marketing has begun and we are geared for the launch date on March 15.
I am a firm believer that the most important part of a book launch isn’t the day before launch, or launch day. In fact, what we do in the weeks (and even months) prior to the book launch matter far more to the success of the launch than the actual launch day itself.
Therefore, as a marketing person, I have already put aside ample time and energy to come up with a poster ad campaign blasted on social media in order to build awareness and generate interest in “The Diamond in Your Speech”. My posts published January 2nd and 9th are illustrative.
I’m definitely giving it a shot because the book itself is worth it! And I’m not exaggerating.
Normally, pre-orders are set between 4-6 months prior to the actual release. In our case, we will only have two months because we have targeted March 15 as our book launch date.
FYI, pre-orders are important in many product categories such as consumer electronics (e.g. iPhone 12), video games (e.g. Call of Duty®: Vanguard), book and album releases (e.g. Taylor Swift’s Reputation), and not excluding comics (Keanu Reeves’ BRZRKR) and even autos (Tesla).
Pre-orders are one of those overlooked strategies – and it’s a shame not to do it. If you don’t, it just means lost marketing opportunity and lost revenue. To me, that would be a cardinal sin!
In any case, I’m game to do it. Of course, there is no marketing budget. And there is no marketing team. It’s just me!
Hey, the book is about Public Speaking – it should interest a lot of people, I should think!
Well, I’ll know when the Pre-Order Sales campaign hits the trail. And it starts today!


No comments:
Post a Comment