Tuesday, January 11, 2022

From Writer to Published Author

I have said that I enjoy writing. Yet, I must acknowledge that writing a book is really hard work. 

But, once it's done, we will need to get the book out into the market – and that is another major undertaking altogether.

For sure, it is a big step, to go from writer to published author. 

The publishing process involves: 

  • Cover designing 
  • Interior page layout 
  • Getting feedback 
  • Editing 
  • Typesetting 
  • Proofreading 
  • Obtaining ISBN number 
  • Printing and distribution 
  • Marketing (includes pre-order sales and book launch)

Thankfully, Ahmad Fakhri is taking charge as the project manager and get all of the above organized. The only exception is the marketing and that is being handled by me.

Anyway, the good news is the indication from Ahmad that we can expect to get our printed copies on or before March 12, 2022.

To be honest, I’m really excited – and I am so looking forward to the book’s arrival! 

There’s nothing like holding the actual book in your hands. 

Oh, what a joy it'll be!

No comments: