Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Married to Pink



An American woman made history by marrying the colour pink in a quaint and I suppose, bizarre ceremony – after dating it for more than 40 years.

Kitten Kay Sera is known as 'the pinkest person in the world' and she made headlines in 2018 as it emerged she had spent over $1.3 million on her monochromatic home and wardrobe. 

Her decision was sealed, after being inspired by a child she had spoken to – the latter had suggested she marry the color since she loved it so much! 

Kitten’s love affair began almost by accident on her 20th birthday, as she was trying to work out what to wear to her party. She settled on a pink top, pink fluffy skirt, pink shoes and pink accessories. 

Speaking previously, she said: "I felt fabulous. I thought, if wearing that much pink could make me feel fantastic, why not wear pink every day?” 

For the wedding ceremony, Kitten wore pink, arrived in a pink Chevrolet, and gave herself a pink ring in what must by the least white wedding in history. 

Of course, it's no surprise that the cake was pink too – topped with a pink swan. 

"I like to say I’m a flamingo in a world full of pigeons. When I walk down a busy street during the morning commute, everyone’s wearing grey and black. There’s no expression, no individuality. Yet people think I’m the crazy one!" 

Hmm, I didn't realize that pink is a popular color in product packaging too.

No comments: