Saturday, January 8, 2022

One Million Signatures

The petition to revoke the knighthood awarded to ex-UK prime minister Tony Blair (right) reached 1 million signatures on Friday. It took just six days! 

[For background story, refer to my posts published January 5th and 6th]. 

Even Labour MP Richard Burgon had tweeted on Friday: “It says a lot about what is wrong with our system when, after being one of the leading architects of the Iraq war, Tony Blair is honored with a knighthood while Julian Assange, who exposed war crimes in Iraq, faces extradition to the USA and a lifetime in prison”. 

This only serves to expose to the world the West’s hypocrisy.


Yesterday, I turned up for my KEPENTAS meeting at TTDI, Kuala Lumpur – after an enforced absence. 

It was nice to be back – and it helps me to be in a Malay-speaking environment because I know I need to work on my Malay language proficiency. 

Besides, there’s always something new to learn. Friday’s session was on “Kuatkan Suara” (“Amplify your Voice”) – and where I did an impromptu speech and a ‘vocal’ exercise.










No comments: