Sunday, March 29, 2026

SAL Club #001

I attended the Speakers and Leaders Club meeting at Sunway Mentari on Thursday. Three words to describe this club: Energizing. Enlightening. Enriching.

Nine participants. Five project speakers. Five "That's One Minute" speakers. Five evaluators. 

And I was given the role of Language Observer as well as being tasked to evaluate Ken Chan. 

And for good measure, I took part in the "That's One Minute" session. This was an off-the-cuff quick huddle which had a unique twist – everyone had to speak about the same one-word prompt. In this case, it was 'energy'.

But that was not all. It was supposed to be an elevator pitch – and the winner (through voting) got the opportunity to expand on the said subject for another 5 minutes!

SAL's value proposition lies in the promise that while talents may differ, they guarantee equal opportunity to speak and grow. No bystanders, only speakers!














No comments: