"Who knows surprise better than YOU?" Some alliances come with awkward reminders. πππ
Trump made the remarks in reaction to a Japanese reporter who asked why the US did not warn allies – including Japan – before conducting the surprise operation.
Trump responded, "We didn't tell anybody about it because we wanted surprise", before turning to the Japanese delegation and adding, "Who knows better about surprise than Japan? Why didn't you tell me about Pearl Harbor, OK?".
The cutting remark – it represents a key piece of shared history – created a quiet, awkward moment in the room, with those present noting nervous laughter from officials. Takaichi appeared visibly uncomfortable, with one report stating she widened her eyes and appeared to hold back a sigh, shifting in her chair.
The 1941 surprise attack on Pearl Harbor, Hawaii, brought the United States into World War II. For decades, US presidents have avoided making blunt or harsh remarks about this incident when meeting with Japanese leaders, choosing instead to focus on the current alliance.
But of course, Trump couldn't have cared less about being rude; he loves to shoot off his mouth. That's his style of speaking: verbal aggression.
I just read on weirdkaya.com Thursday that one "Uncle Roger’s", which opened to the Malaysian public in November 2024, have shuttered for good.
However, no official statement was issued regarding the reason behind the closure. The shutdown was brought to light in a Facebook post by Malaysia Shopping Mall, where the admin wrote that their “favorite Uncle Roger fried rice restaurant at IPC Shopping Centre is gone” and will be replaced by an eyewear shop.
The admin even joked that they will have to have their fill of fried rice at a hawker centre instead.
Unfortunately, reviews for his restaurants haven’t been the best since the 2024 opening of their first outlet at Pavilion Elite in Bukit Bintang, Kuala Lumpur with many complaining of exorbitant prices, small portions, and mixed food quality that often fails to live up to the hype. They commonly cite a lack of authentic "wok hei" (smokey aroma) and note that the experience is often deemed "mediocre" or even labelled a "tourist trap"! (That's what they say; I don't know!).
With the closure of the IPC outlet, five Uncle Roger’s Restaurant outlets remain at Pavilion Elite; MyTOWN Shopping Centre in Cheras; Central i-City Mall in Shah Alam; Gateway@KLIA2, the mall adjoining KLIA2, the airport terminal primarily serving low-cost carriers; and Mid Valley Southkey in Johore. (πYou just wait; I expect to see more closures!)
I'm really kicking myself trying to figure out why I did what I did! Why am I reposting about Uncle Roger in the first place? π«£π«£π«£
I've never been a fan of him and I have absolutely no interest to want to even try his fried rice! π£π£π£
I guess this is one of those rare posts that sneaked into my blog!
π¬π¬π¬




No comments:
Post a Comment