Wednesday, April 4, 2012

On the Cover of Lead Today


I was a wee bit taken aback when Amelia Lim and Shin Jieun (above photo) – SUBS students studying Marketing at Sunway University – approached me for “help” in their Leadership project. I was interviewed and I thought that was it. End of story. 

Until I saw the end result of their efforts. These students – there were altogether six of them in the group – produced a magazine “Lead Today” which featured me as well as other material on what else, but Leadership. 

It’s great to appear on the front cover of a magazine – even if it is a one-time one-copy edition!


Yesterday, I was at KL’s Bukit Kiara Equestrian & Country Resort to attend the Friendship Toastmasters meeting. I was there as the General Evaluator. As far as I can remember, I have always enjoyed the meetings there. 

But last evening was especially special because the Table Topics were cerebral in nature (although I did advise that the topics should be a tad less challenging), the speeches were engrossing if not entertaining, and the evaluations were complete lessons in themselves. 

And that was not all. The invocation was insightful and the humor session was hilarious. 

All in all, the evening went well and I was filled with a sense of dΓ©jΓ  vu. I wished there could be more Toastmasters meetings like this! A definite 8.5 out of a 10.

No comments: