Wednesday, September 4, 2024

Warren Buffet's Secret

Warren Buffett, hailed as one of the most successful investors of all time, and the seventh richest person on the planet, turned 94 years old on Friday.
 
You would be forgiven for thinking that the business tycoon would stick to a healthy diet to maintain his vitality. Surprisingly, many would consider Buffett’s eating habits quite the opposite. 
 
“I eat like a six-year-old”, he famously told Fortune in 2015, describing his love for “Utz” potato sticks and daily intake of five 12-ounce Coca Cola’s. “If I eat 2,700 calories a day, a quarter of that is Coca-Cola. I do it every day”. 
 
In a 2017 HBO documentary called Becoming Warren Buffett, the billionaire revealed he stops at McDonald’s every day for a $3.17 breakfast made up of one of three items: two sausage patties, a sausage, egg and cheese, or a bacon, egg and cheese. Which he, of course, enjoys with a Coke. 
 
For lunch, the business tycoon often stops by Dairy Queen for a chili-cheese dog and an ice cream sundae with cherry syrup and chopped nuts, and frequently snacks on See’s Candies. Buffett is also known for his excessive use of salt, so much so that former Wells Fargo CEO John Stumpf compared it to a “snowstorm”.
 
In so many words, he is into junk food big-time! 
 
Fortune even did a piece on him on August 31, 2024 – and its title? "Warren Buffett turns 94 today. His secret to longevity? Coca-Cola, candy, and a life of joy".
 
I'm not trying to make any claim but it's a fact that I also love Coca-Cola and candy (M&M's). And so, I reckon two out of three ain't bad at all! 
 
😁😁😁

Note: This post is an excellent accompaniment to my August 28, 2024 post titled "Health Advice From 100-year-olds".

No comments: