Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Terrifying You to Sell Tires

I stumbled across this commercial and it intrigued and fascinated me. I also had the shakes. A Japanese tire company wanted to get viewers to pay attention to their adverts – and it decided to make the audience jump out of their skins. If terrifying your target audience is proven to also make them buy your product, the marketing team behind this offering from Autoway Tires should receive bouquets of compliments. 

But it seems that many who watch may end up so scared by what they have seen that they can’t even concentrate on the tag line and remember the product details at the end. 

The advert has been designed to show how the company’s tires can perform in extreme dangerous conditions. It begins with a warning message which reads: “Not for the faint of heart”. 

So my dear readers, please be aware. Watch it at your own peril! 

It says: “We shall not be liable for any injuries, illness, and damages claimed to be caused by watching the contents.” 

After the message, the advert shows a view from the windscreen of a car as it drives along a road through falling snow. A little while later the shadowy figure of a young girl appears up ahead in the middle of the road.














For what happens next, watch the video below. And turn up the volume.




Probably, the scariest product commercial ever! 

FYI, the commercial received rave reviews on Twitter. 

On Saturday, I was at the MIMKL Toastmasters meeting where I was the Toastmaster of the Day. I liked the invocation, the Table Topics and even the speeches and evaluations. Anyway, it was a good meeting but I would still give it a score of a 4 over 10 because we didn’t start on time. In fact, most times, we are not too concerned with being punctual. And that makes me unhappy.





























































































No comments: