Lee Khai Looon (right) seen here 'feeding' Najib Razak during the flash mob – The Malaysian Insider pic, January 21, 2014.
On January 15, 2014, Machang Bubok assemblyperson Lee Khai Loon put together a flash mob in Penang where he stuffed kangkung into an effigy of Prime Minister Najib Razak.
After almost three days, it finally managed to trigger an outrage from UMNO Penang! And so they emerged from their lair, baring their fangs and started baying for Lee’s blood!
They gathered rabble-rousers and sure enough, a boisterous protest unfolded on the streets of Seberang Jaya and Alma.
To be honest, I don’t know what the fuss is all about! The PKR MP was unhappy about the runaway prices of goods and services and he did what he did. So let it be! It was his personal expression of an economic situation in this country and his point-of-view that Najib is so out of touch with Malaysians.
Therefore, why should UMNO get aroused, agitated and inflamed by this flash mob? If I may add, it was a belated response. (I wonder if some ambitious UMNO fella orchestrated it just to earn some brownie points from Najib?)
Why was there so much angst, abuse and aggression against Lee? He was merely illustrating the fact that Najib is a kangkung-loving Malaysian. And he did convey that message across very well. Don't forget too that Najib himself had admitted that he likes to eat kangkung!
On Tuesday, I was at the Taman Indrahana Toastmasters meeting and when I reached the venue and even before I could settle down, I was asked if I wanted to deliver a speech. One of the speakers withdrew at the last minute! Of course, Victor Ong wouldn’t think of letting that opportunity go to waste and he took up the challenge.
This was predictably a good meeting and I am giving it a score of an 8 over 10.















No comments:
Post a Comment