Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Fellatio Mix-Up

I returned to the Phoenix Toastmasters Club again on Monday after an almost one-month absence. That evening this club had a marathon speech session with 6 speakers. I took on the role of evaluator for one of three Ice Breaker speakers. Well, Sofiah acquitted herself quite well. And I was also voted the Best Evaluator amongst the six of us who did the evaluations. Good meeting because there were 29 people in attendance!

As reported by BBC News yesterday, France's ex-justice minister Rachida Dati mixed up the words "fellatio" and "inflation" – the French word for fellatio is "fellation", which sounds similar to the word "inflation" – during a TV interview.

She told Canal Plus: "I see some [foreign investment funds] looking for returns of 20 or 25% at a time when fellatio is close to zero". And within hours, the video was an internet hit on websites such as YouTube.

Dati, now a Euro MP, later laughed off the whole episode saying she had spoken too quickly. She also said she was happy to have provided some entertainment.

Well, when a simple faux pax involves a glamorous person (more so, a political person) like her, you can be sure there will be this immense publicity on most news channels – maybe, not in Malaysia lah!

1 comment:

kwang houg said...

hi victor,

didn't expect you to update your blog so fast!

yeah...it was a good meeting yesterday.

keep the good post coming:)