I was at the Maxis Toastmasters meeting on Tuesday evening and at the eleventh hour, I was asked to be the Table Topics Evaluator. This is actually a community club, rather than an in-house club. And this club boldly bill itself as "The Club of Champions"! The meeting started late and guess what? All speakers ran over their time limits, and even the evaluators did likewise! Otherwise, it was an interesting meeting.
Conglomerate Sime Darby, which announced massive cost overruns this year, said it has unearthed evidence of wrongdoing in four energy projects. It was reported late on Monday that auditors and legal consultants had completed their investigations and submitted reports to the board. “The investigations have found evidence to suggest, on a prima facie basis, that there may have been breaches of duties and obligations and inappropriate conduct,” a Sime Darby statement to Bursa Malaysia declared. When huge sums of money are involved, it surely is not negligence, izzit? Sime Darby said the projects reviewed by forensic audits including the controversial multi-billion-dollar Bakun hydroelectric dam in Sarawak, and two oil projects in Qatar. The Bakun project should be put under a microscope to ascertain who actually profited from this – I bet you that people in high places dipped their fingers in the money jar! And I am not talking about loose change for a petty state official.
Conglomerate Sime Darby, which announced massive cost overruns this year, said it has unearthed evidence of wrongdoing in four energy projects. It was reported late on Monday that auditors and legal consultants had completed their investigations and submitted reports to the board. “The investigations have found evidence to suggest, on a prima facie basis, that there may have been breaches of duties and obligations and inappropriate conduct,” a Sime Darby statement to Bursa Malaysia declared. When huge sums of money are involved, it surely is not negligence, izzit? Sime Darby said the projects reviewed by forensic audits including the controversial multi-billion-dollar Bakun hydroelectric dam in Sarawak, and two oil projects in Qatar. The Bakun project should be put under a microscope to ascertain who actually profited from this – I bet you that people in high places dipped their fingers in the money jar! And I am not talking about loose change for a petty state official.


No comments:
Post a Comment