I went to UMW at Jalan Utas in Shah Alam to attend the UMW Toyota Toastmasters meeting this evening. HICT Toastmasters who were there included Mike, Alan, and Jamie. In fact, Alan was the Toastmaster-of-the-Evening although he was still very much unsure of his role. Jamie did his CC speech # 9 and he had certainly improved! His delivery style was good, his voice projection was good and he was even trying to inject humor in his speech! I was happy to hear him speak. My grouse is that this meeting started 17 minutes late! What is it with Malaysians? Sigh!
The Malaysian Insider today reported that Deputy Prime Minister Muhyiddin Yassin has admitted that he is powerless to take action against the two school principals who allegedly uttered racial slurs, despite his position as the country’s Education Minister. He explained that this was because disciplinary matters involving high-ranking civil servants comes under the jurisdiction of the Public Service Department (PSD).
The Malaysian Insider today reported that Deputy Prime Minister Muhyiddin Yassin has admitted that he is powerless to take action against the two school principals who allegedly uttered racial slurs, despite his position as the country’s Education Minister. He explained that this was because disciplinary matters involving high-ranking civil servants comes under the jurisdiction of the Public Service Department (PSD).
.
So if PSD decides not to take appropriate disciplinary action against the two recalcitrant individuals, then nobody can do anything. Wow, there is a different set of rules that governs civil servants that I didn’t know of. Non civil servants can be hauled up by the police, and even charged with sedition or worse, arrested under the ISA – but civil servants, well, they are treated with kid gloves. Didn't I say, double standards apply? Didn't I mention hypocrisy?
So if PSD decides not to take appropriate disciplinary action against the two recalcitrant individuals, then nobody can do anything. Wow, there is a different set of rules that governs civil servants that I didn’t know of. Non civil servants can be hauled up by the police, and even charged with sedition or worse, arrested under the ISA – but civil servants, well, they are treated with kid gloves. Didn't I say, double standards apply? Didn't I mention hypocrisy?
.
And I was so fuming mad about Liverpool's football travails, that I forgot to mention that in the Carling Cup match between Arsenal and Tottenham, the former had humbled the latter 4-1. The Gunners opened scoring when Henri Lansbury confidently slid in the first goal when Jack Wilshere fed him the ball (15). In the 49th minute, Robbie Keane slotted in from 18 yards to level for Spurs. But Arsenal stamped their mark when Samir Nasri scored two penalties inside of 6 minutes of extra time – first, when Sebastien Bassong tugged him back and second, after Steven Caulker fouled Marouane Chamakh (92, 96) and finally, Andrey Arshavin firing in a fourth (105).


No comments:
Post a Comment