Yesterday marked my fourth Toastmasters club meeting across three consecutive days.
This time around, it was a joint meeting of the ITF and Kajang Toastmasters Clubs. The venue was much nearer for me – at the Blue Reef Fish & Chips @ TTDI Kuala Lumpur. I was grateful to secure a speaking slot, where I delivered my project assignment, "The Sprint". π♂️π♂️π♂️This was speech #953.
The title refers to my decision to actively continue making speeches – a commitment that has evolved into a 1,000-speech marathon. To reach this goal is, I reckon, an incredible milestone.
To put it into perspective, delivering one speech every single week without fail means it takes nearly 19 years to cross the finish line. It truly is a lifelong marathon made up of many intense sprints! π♂️π♂️π♂️
What was supposed to be a standard meeting quickly transformed into a rigorous test of my focus and adaptability. I came mentally prepared for just one major task: to deliver my prepared project speech. However, due to a last-minute change, I was pulled in to serve as the Table Topics Evaluator as well.
In the end, it was a high-stakes, fast-paced mental workout – especially since I flew completely without notes for both my own speech and the evaluations. The unique sequence of the meeting kept my brain running in overdrive from start to finish.
Definitely, a dynamic yet demanding discipline.
To wrap up Saturday's meeting, my co-author who is from the Kajang club – the irrepressible Ahmad Fakhri – predictably did an amazing job as General Evaluator, and we were stoked to send three of our books (one Diamond, two Pearls) home with new readers! π₯³π✨






















No comments:
Post a Comment