"Error 404: Emotion Not Found". That was the title of my latest CSL2(2) "Lead with Clear Structure" speech, which I delivered this past Thursday during our regular SAL meeting at Sunway Mentari.
The lineup was packed with 12 speeches, highlighting five project presentations alongside seven quick elevator pitches. With my plate already full from delivering the two speeches, I also took on the roles of speech evaluator and language observer.
Before I summarize my speech, a quick disclaimer: this recap is a highly edited, best-case scenario of what I just said, mostly because I didn't write a script and my brain was actively malfunctioning.
To recap the core message, my face has exactly one IBL – Instant Blank Look – setting, and if my head were a webpage, the banner across it would permanently read: "Error 404: Emotion Not Found". Therefore, it's not true that I don't give a damn about anything; it's just that my facial muscles completely missed the latest Windows driver update. I swear, beneath this utterly frozen exterior, there is actual human activity happening. My face is simply operating on a tragic 14-second delay, so if I look entirely expressionless, just give me a minute to reboot.
The ultimate takeaway here is simple: never judge a book by its cover – even if that cover looks like a glitched computer monitor. At the end of the day, whether your system runs on high-energy, real-time animation or functions like a quiet, living corpse, the underlying software is exactly the same. We all possess the same core human feelings and emotions; some of us just happen to have a much slower rendering speed.
The one-minute speech topic is "light". I decided to turn it on its head and talked about L.I.G.H.T as in Let's Incite Good-Hearted Trolling. And it's not about being mean, malicious, or leaving moronic comments online. It is about using harmless, clever humor to disrupt the mundane and bring people together through shared laughter.
Looking back at my speech during the self-reflection session, I have to admit it wasn't up to my usual standards. It was a good performance, but there is definitely room for improvement, and I know exactly what needs to change.😅
A good meeting overall. Photos:















No comments:
Post a Comment