This weekend that was just over was a busy one because I buried myself with marking exam scripts. Even now, I am still struggling with the marking of stacks and stacks of answer sheets. What a life! I do believe most lecturers abhor this assessment part of their jobs because it is something that is best described as painstakingly tedious and drudgingly laborious . Well, I am being honest here. Cannot we outsource this humdrum process? Sigh!
A late Wigan comeback has all but ended Arsenal's title bid. Theo Walcott's neat finish (41) gave Arsenal the lead, which they doubled via Mikael Silvestre's header from a corner (48). Three goals in a 11-minute blitz turned the game in Wigan's favour late on, with Ben Watson side-footing in the first (80). Then a mistake from Arsenal keeper Lukasz Fabianski allowed Titus Bramble to head Wigan level (89) and then, deep into injury time Charles N'Zogbia's strike won it (90+1).
It was a stunning end to a game that Arsenal had seemed certain to win and in the process keep alive a title bid that was reawakened by Chelsea's 2-1 defeat at Spurs on Saturday. Now with this 2-3 defeat – Arsenal is set to be trophyless again!


No comments:
Post a Comment