Friday, April 2, 2010

Leong's Farewell


SNHU students in the INT113 class gave a farewell luncheon to Leong KY at Popeye’s today. A very nice gesture by the students, I thought – anyway, a majority of students did turn up, even though exams are just less than one day away.

Another RM10 was retrieved from the collection box today, giving us a grand total of RM8,020 to the HELP for Haiti Fund.

And another Toastmasters meeting today – this time at the MIHRM Toastmasters Club where I took on the dual roles of Grammarian and Ah Counter. Not that there were unwilling members to take on these roles, but I was so fired up, I volunteered for the two tasks. In fact, today was a good meeting because there were 22 people in attendance. Since I was fully engaged with these duties, I did not even do any Table Topics this time around. And I was over the moon when the General Evaluator, ACB Lee Hui Hui praised me by saying my Ah Counter report was the most entertaining she has ever heard! Why, thank you, my dear GE!

Benfica's Oscar Cardozo scored twice as 10-man Liverpool lost a lively first leg of the Europa League quarter-final. In spite of this 1-2 loss and knowing the Reds, they will still strongly fancy their chances with the return leg at Anfield next week. Well, they'd better win!

No comments: