Thursday, April 1, 2010

Color of Rights

Today, we collected RM15 toward the HELP for Haiti Fund, bringing the total todate to RM8,010.
Upon Johnny Yong’s invitation, I presented myself at the MIA Toastmasters Club meeting today, where I was the General Evaluator. The meeting started with only 6 members and for awhile, it would seem that I would have to also perform multiple roles given the lack of members. Mercifully, others soon came and as the numbers grew to ten, I was discharged from the other duties and I could then focus on my primary role. As expected, I enjoyed the meeting and I had even described the members as being “seriously passionate” about Toastmastering. That’s the thing I value about Toastmasters – they are very passionate about Toastmastering. I also had the second opportunity to see Marcus Chee in action again with his “Color of Rights” speech, and I daresay, he has improved since I last heard him speak at the Premier Advanced Toastmasters meeting.
 

No comments: