The way that the heavy guns of UMNO all came in force to campaign for Kamalanathan in Hulu Selangor – as opposed to MIC – would seem to indicate that the BN candidate belongs more to UMNO than to MIC!
This is the MIC candidate who bowed respectfully to Muhyiddin Yassin and kissed his hand! And when asked at an unscheduled press conference somewhere in Hulu Selangor (Ladang Kerling, to be precise) and which was reported by The Malaysian Insider today, he looked miffed, exclaiming: “Kiss his hand? When did I kiss his hand? Show me where I did that”.
But he was quick to retort that even if he had indeed kissed Muhyiddin’s hand, it was not a wrongful act but was merely a depiction of Malaysian culture. Whoa! I didn’t know that!
I had thought Kamalanathan was groveling – if it was behind closed doors, probably he would have kissed Muhyiddin! Don’t forget – he owes to UMNO for being selected out of the blue to be the candidate. And he even had the audacity to defend Perkasa!
So just in case, Malaysians are quick to dismiss this fella – don’t! He’s got potential – in fact, I will venture to add here that he may even take over the reins of MIC from Samy Vellu. And why not? He has this astounding capacity to suck up to UMNO and Perkasa.
He also can be very cocky. On April 18, in Kampong Sungai Buaya, Batang Kali, Kamalanathan boasted “I will win Hulu Selangor”. He has vowed to Najib that he will take back the federal seat, formerly a BN stronghold, and deliver it to the latter as a gift for his first year in office.
Action, lah, he? Is it a prize for him to give away to somebody else? Shouldn’t the people of Hulu Selangor have this prize because it is theirs and theirs to keep?



No comments:
Post a Comment