Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Muhyiddin Threatens to Cut his Fingers

I am just realizing that at HICT, particularly if we are teaching the Business programs – we will virtually have no rest because there is no break for teaching staff in between semesters. This week is Exam Week for SNHU students and next week I will be racing toward the finishing line in order to complete marking the exam papers. Already this week, I am much harassed from grading assignment and project papers – given that my last class was only last Friday itself!

To add to this sense of great haste and urgency, the Diploma courses commence tomorrow, and the SNHU program begins on April 26.
.
I opened my eyes wide with disbelief and then opened my mouth to shriek and cackle when I read this news report (The Sun, April 06, 2010, p 5) that Deputy Prime Minister Muhyiddin Yassin had announced that he would "cut his fingers" if allegations the PAS-led Kelantan government allocates more funds for state development compared to the Federal government are true. Penang Chief Minister Lim Guan Eng scoffed at this remark calling it "unhealthy". Lim said "As far as I know, only the Yakuza gang members in Japan do such things". Maybe Muhyiddin is "looking east" for inspiration?

No comments: