I was at Breathtaking Cafe at #19, Jalan Prima Saujana 2/1A in Prima Saujana, Kajang on Saturday for the Kajang Toastmasters meeting. [Note: I've rejoined Toastmasters in November 2024 for reasons I won't go into].
And as Ahmad Fakhri happily asserted, it was an impressive turnout of 18 attendees – double our usual number.
I was one of three project speakers – and I delivered a Level 5 speech from the Innovative Planning pathway titled “Leadership is Overrated”. Drawing from Chapter 17 of our forthcoming book "The Pearls of Your Speech" (TPOYS) on addressing controversial topics, I challenged conventional thinking on leadership. I consider it especially contentious because the tagline of Toastmasters International is "Where Leaders Are Made" – and sorry to say, I don't subscribe to it. π
This speech represents my eight-hundred-and-eighty-first prepared speech I've presented as a Toastmaster. FYI, my 880 speeches were delivered between July 2008 and March 2020 and which amounted to 11 years and 9 months. Or 4,292 days. Or one speech every 4.88 days.
Rest assured, I don't intend to repeat this feat. And in Kajang, my speech evaluator was the well-respected and well-articulated DTM Ricky Soo.
Interestingly, the trio of speakers made speeches that reflected principles from TPOYS. I've mentioned about my speech and Chapter 17; Cyril Jonas echoed the lessons from Chapter 12: Storytelling in Public Speaking; and Jamilah Samian's use of simple props, connected well with Chapter 10. Without a doubt, the speeches are a testament to the practical power of TPOYS! πππ
Here is when my marketing instincts kick in and I'm prompting you to make a pre-order for TPOYS!
And to make it easier for you, here's the link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1biUzY-TlGEc_aCO2ZlqFjstNpMHhskXKB_-WIktXKhA/edit







No comments:
Post a Comment