Monday, August 19, 2024

Murdered Palestinians in Gaza Total 40,005 And Counting


Israel’s relentless war on Gaza has killed at least 40,005 Palestinians, of which 16,456 were children and over 11,000 were women. And 92,401 had been wounded. As per Al Jazeera on August 15, 2024.
 
Gaza’s Health Ministry on Thursday announced the grim milestone, a statistic that is likely an undercount as most of the missing 10,000 Palestinians are believed to be buried under mountains of rubble.
 
Al Jazeera correspondent Hani Mahmoud, reporting from Deir el-Balah in Gaza, said the 40,000 figure is “a very conservative reading of the number of casualties across Gaza”.
 
In fact, a US-based vascular surgeon who recently visited Gaza says he has never had to do so many paediatric operations in his life. Bara Zuhaili told Al Jazeera 80 percent of amputations he performed in Gaza were on children.
 
“Even worse… 80 percent of the amputations I did were on kids. And when I say kids, I don’t mean kids under 18. I mean kids who are under the age of eight”.
 
I can't stress enough! The gut-wrenching suffering is unabated, unceasing, unending, unfaltering, uninterrupted, unrelenting, and unyielding. Without end. 














No comments: