I went to GSC Subang Parade yesterday to watch “John Wick Chapter 4”. I know I had to because the hype says this is no ordinary action movie. And I was already getting super excited. It’s a Keanu Reeves-starred film, after all!
And I am absolutely loving it! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐!
“John Wick Chapter 4” is an engrossing slaughterfest, an immensely enjoyable audio-visual spectacle and an entertaining cinematic experience! And it is sure to go down as one of the best action movies of all time! A polished tour de force that is beautifully brutal.
To me, nothing can equal “John Wick”, the first movie and it goes without saying that "JW2" and "JW3" are insanely awesome too. But “JW4” is something else. An incendiary finale of epic proportions!
Honestly, this is the best action franchise of all time given how sumptuously spectacular each one of the “John Wick” movies have been.
What started out as a high-octane action flick featuring a fictional character created by Derek Kolstad had, over the years, grown into a full-blown action odyssey – with each movie working tirelessly to expand the lore. In fact, all four movies didn’t let us down.
But I daresay the fourth installment blows the rest out of the water.
Consistent with the John Wick style and approach, we witness drop-dead thrills that enthusiastically embrace us with adrenaline-pumping tension and which is closely accompanied by wickedly vicious action. Every scene feels palpable and every scenario is genius.
I’m in complete awe at the choreography for the action sequences and I have to admit that I was immersed in the movie from start to finish. Truly, an action-packed masterpiece that is staggeringly majestic! Sure, it may have run for 169 minutes – but it has deservedly earned that runtime.
I mean, the movie has everything! The beautiful cinematography, the resplendent lighting, the synchromatic music, the colorful characters, the intense fights, the whopping kill count. Everything comes together into one massive powder keg of a movie!
I mean it! Just when you think, you’ve seen “JW1” and “JW2” and “JW3” and you tell yourself, it’s hard to beat that – and then comes “JW4” which surpasses all expectations!
I kid you not! “JW4” is a master stroke! Directed by Chad Stahelski and returning Keanu Reeves in the titular role as the bad ass assassin, the unstoppable action pic serves up a huge $73.8 million in North America after pristine reviews and an A CinemaScore from audiences. The results are just as impressive overseas, where the movie debuted to a resounding $67.6 million from 71 markets for a global start of $141.4 million, a series record on all fronts.
Records have been broken. The original “John Wick” opened domestically in 2014 at $14 million, Chapter 2 in 2017 at $30 million, and Chapter 3 in 2019 at $56 million, making Chapter 4's $73.8 million a pretty sizable jump from the other entries. And given that the movie had a budget of $100 million, its opening weekend alone has already exceeded the production costs.
I’ve seen the trailers, I’ve read the reviews, I’ve soaked up the YouTube videos about other people’s take on the movie – but it’s only when I went to watch "John Wick Chapter 4" on the big screen was I able to really affirm how damn good the movie is! It is worth much much more than the RM10 I paid for the ticket!
If “John Wick Chapter 4” doesn’t satisfy you, then I don’t know which action movie will! Moreover, Reeves is a guy you can definitely relate to!
As somebody said "John Wick 4 is why we love movies"!





No comments:
Post a Comment