It’s a watermelon base pizza and it’s a 'low-carb' option.
Sharing the recipe on TikTok and Instagram, Domino's Australia filmed a staff member putting the unusual creation together.
The pizza restaurant chain got the idea from UK cook Oliver Paterson, whose video of pizza on a watermelon was viewed more than three million times on TikTok.
"Y'all keep asking us for a low carb crust option. When we saw him make a pizza on a watermelon, we had to give it a go. Would you try it?" Domino’s inquired.
Giving it a go, the Domino's ‘chef’ slathers a thick slice of watermelon in barbecue sauce, piling grated cheese and pepperoni on top before whacking it in the oven.
Once it's ready, the toppings do look as delicious as ever – but there's no hiding the fact that you're chomping on a thick, fruity base.
Since sharing the idea, Domino's video has been viewed more than 380,000 times – with traumatized fans calling it a "war crime".
"WTF, I am Italian, and this is an insult for us", one wrote, while another said: "You guys are very strange and weird".
To be fair, there was some support for this offbeat pizza – one of them even ventured: "I'd try it – it looks refreshing".
To each his own.
Yet, there have been “breakthroughs”: some people have become infected with Covid despite having received three shots. No figures were given as far as I can tell and which leads me to suspect that it is probably a significant number.
I’m thinking out loud. If the third jab still produces “breakthroughs” – then, at some point in time, would a fourth jab become necessary?
One reason that has been suggested to explain the "high" (an adjective used in the said report) rate of infection is that "most" Israelis were vaccinated with the Pfizer vaccine, which is now believed to be less effective.
I think I may need to shovel up more info about the Pfizer jabs. The world is likely to face up to the 'booster' issue, sooner or later.



No comments:
Post a Comment