The basics involve lowering your entire body as one unit (that part's the most important) from the up position until you're hovering off the ground, then pushing straight back up. Good check points are: a tightly braced core, your feet close or directly together, your chest and spine in a neutral position with a natural curve, your hands stacked directly under your elbows so that the wrist remains neutral at the bottom position with zero bending at the joint, and your elbows bent at 45 to 90 degrees.
For a visual demonstration, check out the video below:
Anyway, I’ve completed another 33 days of 120 push-ups over 3 sessions. This challenge was highlighted in my post “The 120 Push-Up Regime” published on July 05.
I intend to move to the next phase from tomorrow and I'm opting to do the same 120 reps but this time, over 5 sessions of 40:20:20:20:20 within 2 hours. Meaning, I want to change my push-up tempo and do it at a more deliberate pace. I want to be conscious that I'm doing my reps properly.




No comments:
Post a Comment