Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Lovely, You Stink!

 

This informative deodorant ad from way back in 1935 tells you how to know whether you stink or not! This boingboing.net posting on Sunday noted the gleeful touting of technology to "gently close the pores" and the need to define the term "deodorant". 

I posted this piece because I thought it is still as relevant today. More so, in a hot and humid climate like Malaysia. 

A thought just crossed my mind and it refuses to go away!

Do you know that there are persons who actually enjoy the smell of their armpits?

And I even know of men who just love to sniff at women's armpits because they love that "stinky-sweet" bouquet?! 

Okay, you may think it is just a fetish. 

Actually, there is an explanation for this. Sometimes people are attracted to other people's special brand of human smell. It sounds weird, but every so often, a chemically compatible match comes along and...you get all caught up in a phenomenon I term body-odor attraction. 

No doubt, there are those who will find this off-putting but there are those who do find this secretly pleasurable! 

I say, to each his own!

 

In an exciting SPL match, Celtic scored an emphatic 3-1 win over Kilmarnock. 

Adventurous Killie survived an early battering until Robbie Keane brilliantly weaved his way into the penalty box to chip the goalkeeper after 37 minutes. And then Keane again blasted in a 62nd-minute second and Scott Brown slotted a third goal four minutes later for rampant Celtic. 

As a consolation, Kilmarnock replied in the seventy-third minute and that was it. This victory simply re-established a 10-point gap at the top of the Scottish Premier League for Celtic.

No comments: