I read StarBiz news the other day that British bankers have taken the unprecedented step of spurning bonuses worth millions of pounds. Given that there has been public outrage and odium over excessive bankers' pay, I shouldn't be too surprised. Still, I was dumbfounded to know that the chief executives of Barclays, HSBC, Lloyds Banking Group, Royal Bank of Scotland and Standard Chartered all decided to renounce their bonus entitlements for 2009, with some even donating their rewards to charity (The Star, March 08, 2010, p B1).
Sigh, I wish I could get my hands on some of that money for our HELP for Haiti Fund (Are there any benevolent Malaysian bankers out there who may wish to contribute to this Fund?) because it is for a good cause. But anyway, back to these bankers - it is an admirable decision because their bonuses would otherwise be viewed as sinfully extravagant!
Sigh, I wish I could get my hands on some of that money for our HELP for Haiti Fund (Are there any benevolent Malaysian bankers out there who may wish to contribute to this Fund?) because it is for a good cause. But anyway, back to these bankers - it is an admirable decision because their bonuses would otherwise be viewed as sinfully extravagant!

In this Champions League match, Arsenal which was already staring at a one-goal deficit from the first-leg, hammered Porto 5-0 and 6-2 on aggregate to reach the quarter-finals stage. Nicklas Bendtner struck twice (10, 25) to signal Arsenal's turbo-charged start and Samir Nasri scored a stunning individual goal after 63 minutes. Substitute Emmanuel Eboue slotted the fourth after a superb run by Andrey Arshavin (66) and Bendtner completed his hattrick with a stoppage-time penalty (90+1). Wow, the Gunners did indeed give a near perfect performance against Porto!


No comments:
Post a Comment