Saturday, March 13, 2010

Area B1 Table Topics Contest


Today, I participated in the Area B1 International Speech and Table Topics Contests held at UNITAR, Kelana Jaya. I took part in the Table Topics Contest as one of two representatives of D'Utama Advanced – the other participant was Dennis Wee. Altogether, there were 8 participants from all 4 clubs. I didn't do that well obviously because I was only placed second runner-up. I hope this is not going to be a permanent trend because last year, on September 14, 2009 – I was similarly placed second runner-up in the Area C3 Humor Contest, when I represented HICT.

Anyway, congratulations to Thiaga (MAS Cempaka) and Meyyappa (Deloitte Kassim Chan) who were Champion and First Runner-up respectively in the Table Topics contest. As for the International Speech Contest, D'Utama Advanced representatives, Dennis and SK Khor took first and second places respectively. Since I first heard them at the club contest – they had improved tremendously since then and they are truly deserving winners. Still, I did overhear the Chief Judge saying that the two contests were keenly fought, and the speeches were evidently of high quality. Syabas to Dennis and SK Khor! In fact, D'Utama Advanced Toastmasters Club should be proud because they've produced three winners from these contests.

No comments: