Potholes are a fairly common feature on many city roads.
Kuala Lumpur has many potholes and every time, I go over them, I curse City Hall.
So, it is nice to read that even Brussels shares the same predicament.
There’s this story of Anton Schuurmans who decided to stick flowers in potholes found across the Belgian capital – to highlight what he says is the sorry state of many of the city’s public roads.
Brussels, Belgium, April 05, 2018. Photos credit: Reuters/Francois Lenoir
Armed with a bag full of flowers, soil and a small plastic watering can, the 29-year-old moves about the city planting daffodils or geraniums in every pothole he finds, sometimes braving heavy traffic to reach the middle of busy crossings.
And city folks are stopping and taking pictures on their phones as they walked by the flowers – with many agreeing that the potholes had become a problem.
The Brussels resident said his floral protest is already seeing some success in drawing attention to damaged roads.
“At least one pothole has been repaired two days after I planted the flower in it”, he said. “I was quite happy to see that”.
Liverpool and Everton each earned a point in a drab goalless draw in the 231st Merseyside derby battle on Saturday afternoon. An EPL game with little goalmouth action and even more worryingly, it shows that the Reds’ ‘reserve’ forwards lacked quality.
Indeed, a poor game.







No comments:
Post a Comment