Here are Friday photos of ongoing works at Sunway University – we are slowly but steadily seeing a transformation in the landscape:







This morning, I went to the Faith Toastmasters meeting – the last time I was there was on October 15, 2011. It’s always great to come here because its members seemed eager to learn. Although eighteen people attended this meeting, Faith members only number six - so I guess that enthusiasm was somewhat lacking today. Still I enjoyed the meeting because the three project speakers were generally good. I particularly enjoyed Yoo Hye Seung’s speech – it was only her second – because even though she is Korean, she has displayed good English speaking skills. That certainly bodes well for her. I am looking forward to hear her speak more when I attend Monash Toastmasters meetings in March when they resume after a long break. I was asked to be the Table Topics Evaluator and again, I was honest – perhaps too honest – with my feedback. This meeting gets a 7 out of a 10 score.
Raja Nong Chik Raja Zainal Abidin has texted to The Malaysian Insider last night, denying that using RM1.5 billion from the EPF to give home loans to unqualified buyers meant that the federal government had run out of money. But in the report, he had refused to disclose why Putrajaya was resorting to borrowing money from the workers’ retirement fund.
Of course, you would expect him to say that! But it is a sad reflection of the trust Malaysians have of their government when many of us don’t believe him at all! I fear the country is not exactly in a good financial situation. In fact, I believe we are in dire straits.
Of course, you would expect him to say that! But it is a sad reflection of the trust Malaysians have of their government when many of us don’t believe him at all! I fear the country is not exactly in a good financial situation. In fact, I believe we are in dire straits.


No comments:
Post a Comment