
Last evening I was at Shah’s Village Hotel to attend the MIMPJ Toastmasters meeting. I was roped in to be the Table Topics Evaluator – in fact the Table Topics session was the ‘only’ highlight of the evening as the topics were interesting and the five speakers (including one guest who's a non-Toastmaster) did a marvelous job speaking off the cuff.
Honestly, I wasn’t impressed with the project speeches though. I think, maybe I should learn to be less honest? LOL!
Also, the meeting started six minutes late. A 5 out of a 10.
This morning, The Sun blared the headline “Directors in the dark” on its front page – referring to the fact that three government representatives who sit on the NFCorp board were not consulted or told about the purchase of the condos (and other so-called investments). FYI, at last count, it was 5 units!
The paper identified the trio who stayed “in the dark” as Alias Mohd Yassin (Agriculture Ministry), Manaf Hussein (Finance Ministry) and Mat Ali Hassan (Negeri Sembilan state secretary). They’ve been paid directors’ fees and meeting allowances of RM700 each month and yet, they didn’t know? Incredulous!
It makes you wonder what kind of directors are they? When the issues were brought to the public attention, didn’t they raise them at board meetings?
They remind me of the three wise monkeys who “see no evil, hear no evil and speak no evil”!


No comments:
Post a Comment