Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The Secret Note

I returned to Bukit Jalil today to be at the AFC Toastmasters meeting. I was tasked to evaluate Nai Si Ji who was only doing her CC speech # 2 – and her speech had an intriguing title “The Mayonnaise Jar”. She's a Psychology major at Sunway University College and for a newbie Toastmaster, she did rather well. How else would you explain that both she and I won the Best Speaker and Best Evaluator awards? Woo hoo, I am also a newbie – this is my 26th month as a Toastmaster. Okay, I shouldn’t count myself as still being a newbie – I suppose, any Toastmaster who has flourished for more than 24 months can be considered relatively experienced.

A probe into the mysterious death of Teoh Beng Hock who fell to his death from the offices of the Anti-Corruption Commission has taken a new twist with claims of a secret suicide note. In a startling development, it emerged at an inquest Monday that a "suicide note" was supposedly found inside Teoh's bag left at the MACC offices, and its existence not revealed until now.

The Attorney General's Chambers strongly denied any suppression of evidence after belatedly producing the note, which they were given in October 2009. I am baffled. I am stumped. I don’t know what to believe anymore. MACC and the A-G’s Chambers in collusion? Nowadays in Malaysia, anything is possible!

But I am sorry for Teoh’s family. They are now having to go through another hurting stretch of anguish and distress at this new development.


“This should have been brought up one year ago, not today. This is an abuse of process,” Teoh's sister, Lee Lan said.

No comments: