Taman Indrahana Toastmasters Club had their Humorous & Evaluation Speech Contest today. Altogether there were eight contestants. The humorous speeches were a barrel of laughs, and I thought I did rather well. I am ashamed to admit that my speech was written at about 4:00 PM today – it was titled “Love is Futile!” Then test speaker, Justin Liew from Metropolitan Bilingual Toastmasters Club gave an earnest and solemn speech (“Vision, Mission & Culture”) for the evaluation contestants to evaluate, and which they did in fine fashion. Again, I undertook this task without referring to my own notes, and it was a commendable effort. When the results were announced, I won first place in both contests.And in Penang, the arches at the Botanic Gardens are being demolished. The arches were part of the RM7 million Botanic Gardens expansion project commissioned by the Tourism Ministry and implemented by the Penang Drainage and Irrigation Department (DID) – in other words, a Federal government initiative. For them, money comes easy – they cost RM150,000 to build and then RM70,000 to bring them down. This is Ng Yen Yen’s folly but she is not even remorseful or apologetic! After all, it’s not her money but Malaysian taxpayers!
Maybe a section of one arch should be retained to remind Penangites that if ever they returned BN to power in the state, misdeeds will multiply and wrongdoings proliferate.

Photo credit: Star, Malaysia, August 10, 2010, p N24
Anwar Ibrahim’s application to have his accuser Mohd Saiful and his DPP lover testify in court over their alleged relationship was dismissed by High Court judge Zabidin Mohd Diah. The outcome is not entirely unexpected; Anwar’s trial is taking on the predictability of a well-rehearsed sandiwara!


No comments:
Post a Comment