Saturday, March 29, 2025

Donald Trump Wants to Do a TikTok Deal with China

US President Donald Trump said on Wednesday he would be willing to reduce tariffs on China to get a deal done with TikTok's Chinese parent ByteDance to sell the short video app used by 170 million Americans. 

ByteDance have an April 05 deadline to find a non-Chinese buyer for TikTok or face a US ban on national security grounds that was supposed to have taken effect in January under a 2024 law. 

The law is the result of misconceived consternation and misplaced concern in Washington that TikTok's ownership by ByteDance makes it beholden to the Chinese government and that Beijing could use the app to conduct influence operations against the United States and collect data on Americans. 

And if you recall on January 20, his first day in office, Trump had warned that he could impose tariffs on China if Beijing failed to approve a US deal with TikTok. 

Didn't I tell you he's a bully?

Hmmm, I can't help but notice that these days, a lot of my posts point to Trump. It's getting too much sometimes. I think I need to get away from him for awhile. 

Let's make today a Let's Laugh Day!












πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

After all, the most wasted of all days is one devoid of laughter!

No comments: