Monday, July 22, 2024

Sunway TES Effective Speakers in 2024

At Benny Chia's invitation, I'm back again to participate in The Effective Speakers workshop (July 20-21, 2024) as one of sixteen facilitators. Our primary task is to introduce public speaking to students enrolled in Sunway TES at Sunway College, Bandar Sunway.
 
I also conducted a twenty-minute presentation on Storytelling. [I prefer to call it Narrative Communication]. After all, we should know that humans are wired on stories.
 
In a speech, the story is kept short and simple:
 
The feature – what you did
The function – how you did it
The benefit – what this means to the audience 

It's worth mentioning that Carmine Gallo, in his book. The Storyteller's Secret, argues that the great ideas that catch on are those that are wrapped in stories designed to inform, engage, and inspire.
 

 
f
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I had nine Zoomers under my charge – they're in Group 5 and they called themselves "Diamonds". 

A great bunch of Gen Zers!











No comments: