Saturday, May 4, 2024

The Book Draft's Almost Done

Len Deighton, British author whose publications have included cookery books and works on history, but who is best known for his spy novels says, "Anyone can write one book: even politicians do it. Starting a second book reveals an intention to be a professional writer". 
 
I don't know about that, to be honest. Let me just say that I'm focusing on one book at a time.
 
Anyway, here's an update on the second book. I've already completed another nine chapters. I'm thinking that two more chapters should complete this writing project. 
 
FYI, we aim for 15 chapters for Book 2.
 
Thereafter, I'll dive into my writings again – probably twice – and work on reviewing, revising and refining it. I agree what American novelist and short story writer, Bernard Malamud asserts: "I write a book at least three times – once to understand it, the second time to improve the prose, and a third to compel it to say what it still must say".
 
The final draft is expected to be ready sometime in July.
 
As for our first book, "The Diamond in Your Speech" is still selling. In case you're interested to know, we've offloaded a total of 1,049 copies todate and only 451 books remain. 
 
Nope, we're not setting a target – nonetheless, let's see if we can clear the whole lot by the end of this year. 😁😁

No comments: