Tuesday, December 14, 2021

The Diamond in Your Speech

I have a confession to make. For as long as I can remember, I had wanted to write a book. 

And over the years, I started – but it never gotten far. I could recall at least four attempts. 

In July of this year, Ahmad Fakhri gave me a phone call and broached the subject of a book on Public Speaking – and I was asked if I would like to get involved with this writing project. 

Public speaking and writing are two of my passions – and without hesitation, I said Yes! 

Today, I’m only divulging this to the world because I wasn’t sure I could do it in the first place. I mean, I know I could – if I set my mind to it. But at the same time, there was this apprehension that was gnawing at me – and even now, it still does! 

Admittedly, it makes me anxious, insecure and unsure. But having worked with Ahmad for so many years now in the domain of public speaking, I see all too clearly that his approach offers a fresh perspective. I just need to put it all together in my own inimitable style. 

Surely, it can’t be too difficult. It’s only a matter of organizing words into orderly sentences that fit nicely into measured paragraphs, and then arranging them neatly into chapters and making sure the whole manuscript makes sense. 

The title of the book is tentatively The Diamond in Your Speech. As it stands now, it has fourteen chapters. 

And nearly five months since that call from Ahmad, my first draft is done. I can tell you, it’s pure relief!

No comments: