Monday, June 17, 2019

Types of Cats

Albert Schweitzer says: “There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats”. 

I love music – so that’s not an issue. But cats? 

And then I just realized I have actually spotlighted cats in my blog. Hmmm. 

On January 06, 2019, I published a post “Superheroes as Cats” that highlighted the works of Indonesian artist Fajareka Setiawa. 

Yesterday, on Laughing Squid, I came across this January 27, 2014 post that also had felines featured in an art show, simply titled CATZ!

One particular piece caught my eye:


“Catvengers” by Jenny Parks 

And when I checked out her website, there were more to delight me – and so I am now featuring her other works too. A sample:

















Yowlverine 
















Captain Meowvel 
















Thanos Cat 
















Spider Cat 
















Doctor Strangecat 
















Wonder Cat 
















Hellkitty
















Venom Cat 
















Deadpurr
















Princehiss Leia
















Cat Solo
















Meowth Vader
















Joker Cat
















Harley Kitten
















Ripley Cat













Cat of the Rings 

Jenny Parks (right) describes herself as a scientific illustrator, a shameless nerd and a cat lover. And her niche is to draw pop-culture characters as cats. 

She is one cool character herself – she has a BFA in illustration from the California College of the Arts and a graduate degree in Science Illustration from University of California Santa Cruz. 

And her published works include "Star Trek Cats" and "Star Trek: The Next Generation Cats"; variant covers for Marvel; and variant covers for Action Lab's Hero Cats comics.


No comments: