Pakatan Rakyat's attempt to nullify the GE13 results in all 222 parliamentary seats ended on February 07, 2014 after the High Court allowed an application by the Election Commission to strike out the suit.
The Kuala Lumpur High Court ruled that it was wrong for the opposition and defeated candidates to challenge the election outcome in a civil court.
The EC took the stand that the High Court has no civil jurisdiction to declare election results as illegal.
On July 15, 2013, PR had asked the court to set aside results of all parliamentary seats, as well as to disband the current EC leadership and undertake fresh polls. Anyway, the ruling wasn’t unexpected – don’t forget, this is Malaysia! The odds are always stacked against anybody opposing UMNO’s hegemony.
On Thursday, Sunway Toastmasters had their meeting and again, it was a good meeting with good speeches and evaluations. I was one of four speakers and I did my Ice-breaker speech titled "Abandoned Dreams" – this is my 2014 Project, Round 2. Dr Nagiah Ramasamy, Immediate Past President of Sunway University Toastmasters Club was my speech evaluator. I was happy with my speech and I am working towards arranging for speaking slots in order for me to deliver CC speeches #2 and #3. This meeting deserves an 8 over 10 because we had quality.



















No comments:
Post a Comment