Monday, February 7, 2011

Cake-hearts, Anybody?

I was at KL Sentral today for the KL Advanced Toastmasters meeting. Rohijas Sharif had to leave the meeting at the halfway mark, and as the highest ranking officer at today’s meeting, I dutifully took over when he left. There were two interesting speakers, but I particularly enjoyed Sandra’s Ice-breaker speech – it had a certain rhythmic fluency that was simply alluring. There was also the Table Topics session, and I was predictably voted the Best Table Topics Speaker. But what made today special was the return of Jean-Yves Gicquel to our Toastmasters ranks. Many of us who know Gicquel beamed with delight and clapped with joy because we are welcoming back a friend and fellow Toastmaster.

With February 14 just around the corner, baker Lily Vanilli is being cleverly creative because she has these oozing, anatomically correct cake-hearts on sale for this Valentine’s Day. They're a little larger than a cupcake, they ooze blackcurrant and cherry "blood," and “come in a cute perspex box tied with a pink or red ribbon and a note if you want to add one." They're £7 plus delivery, which includes a charitable donation (Webpage boingboing.net, posted January 25, 2011).

I happen to think that these “cake-hearts” are ingeniously inspired and I would buy them if only they are available in Malaysia.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks Victor :) was indeed a fun workshop. Keep up the acerbic posts ;)