Wednesday, June 2, 2010

A Big Hole

I attended the PJ Hilton Toastmasters meeting yesterday, and as expected, there was a good quorum of members and visiting Toastmasters to ensure the success of this meeting. I was the evaluator for Joyce Loh’s CC speech # 8 titled "The Anatomy of an Appendectomy", and believe me, it was interesting! It is not uncommon for most speakers to miss out on one of the salient requirements of this speech, i.e. a speech that uses two or more visual aids – but Joyce who is from the Kuantan Toastmasters Club prepared well to impress even me! She produced an awesome PowerPoint presentation complete with graphic images of her appendectomy, and to add the icing to the cake, so to speak – she even brought a small jar of her severed appendix to show us!

A whopper of a sinkhole caused by the rains of Tropical Storm Agatha is seen in Guatemala City on May 31, 2010. A colossal crater if ever I saw one! And according to the Sydney Morning Herald today, it actually swallowed a house and a three-storey building!

No comments: