This morning, HELP University College Toastmasters Club organized an Inter-college Joint Meeting 2009 – for a select group of Colleges and Universities that included UNITAR, Universiti Malaya, Nilai UC, and of course us (i.e. HICT) and HUC, at Wisma HELP, Bukit Damansara. The theme was very appropriate: Unity through Mission. Nope, I didn’t make a speech – although I would dearly love to – we were given only one speaking slot, and Mike Cheang wanted to be the chosen one! I had to be contented with being an evaluator for a speaker named Michael (from HUC) who did Project 9 in the Competent Communication Manual. With 5 speakers, this meeting was in effect, a speech marathon. What impressed me was the quality of the speeches and evaluations – they were all really good, and even the 'open' evaluations from amongst the audience. We were represented by Mathew, Shireen (our other role player - she did the Ah Counter), Wai How, Mike, Mehala, and myself.



There was a sense of relief when I read the papers today. Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard has been cleared after the England midfielder admitted hitting Marcus McGee, in the Lounge Inn, Southport, UK in December last year. He had denied the charge of affray. The jury at Liverpool Crown Court agreed with Gerrard's assertion that he was acting in self-defense. Speaking after the hearing, the player said he had put it behind him and was looking forward to the season ahead. I am sure all Liverpool FC fans rejoice at this piece of good news!



There was a sense of relief when I read the papers today. Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard has been cleared after the England midfielder admitted hitting Marcus McGee, in the Lounge Inn, Southport, UK in December last year. He had denied the charge of affray. The jury at Liverpool Crown Court agreed with Gerrard's assertion that he was acting in self-defense. Speaking after the hearing, the player said he had put it behind him and was looking forward to the season ahead. I am sure all Liverpool FC fans rejoice at this piece of good news!


No comments:
Post a Comment