Sunday, July 19, 2009

Liverpool FC is Coming!

Belatedly, I came to know that Liverpool FC are visiting Bangkok and Singapore this month – Arun and his mom are heading to the latter destination on July 26 to watch the Reds play against a Singapore Selection. I was disappointed with myself that I didn’t know about this earlier – and if I did, I would have wanted to go and watch the match. I suppose it is too late now to even contemplate getting a ticket. Anyway, I told him to please let me know next year, if the Reds come a-visiting again, so that maybe we could organize ourselves – we, meaning the Liverpool FC supporters – to make a 2D/1N trip to wherever they are playing, and show our support for the Reds. And better still, be like typical British football fans – the whole idea is to enjoy the game and drink lots of beer in between. Is it any wonder that both Liverpool FC and Carlsberg have a long-established relationship? Now, you know why Carlsberg is my favorite juice!

Two-thirds of people across the UK know someone who has lost a job in the recession, a BBC survey suggests. And four in 10 fear losing their job in the current climate, the survey of 1,048 people by ComRes indicates. The BBC commissioned the survey to mark its Taking The Pulse day, which is looking at how the recession is taking effect across the country (BBC News on webpage
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/8144841.stm, accessed July 20, 2009). Aren’t Malaysians so very fortunate? Our job losses are not even half as bad as those in the UK!

No comments: