Wednesday, April 8, 2026

Dual Role at Kajang Toastmasters










On Saturday, I made the long, ardous journey to Prima Saujana in Kajang for the Kajang Toastmasters Club meeting. 

I had decided to challenge myself to take on the twin role of Table Topics Master and Evaluator and I prepared 5 topics centered around the theme "Scaling New Peaks". I thought I did a pretty good job!

Photos from the said meeting:



























Oracle were said to have laid off 12,000 people in India – 40% of their local workforce – on March 31, 2026, Moneycontrol reported, citing impacted employees. 

Those affected by the layoffs were informed via early morning emails, which read “...a decision has been taken to streamline the operations, and as a result, unfortunately, the position you currently hold will become redundant”, the report said. 

The impacted workers told the Moneycontrol website that another round of job cuts was likely within a month. 

This latest round of layoffs had impacted 30,000 employees globally, the report added. Oracle declined to comment on the development.

No comments: